#SRHRDialogues #YoungWomenSay #EndVAW #EndFGM #EndChildMarriage #WhatWomenWant
At the just concluded young women stand-up be counted training on Sexual & Reproductive health & Rights in Nairobi , Young women participants from across 9 counties in Kenya established resolutions to bind their solidarity and collective towards ending FGM and child early and Forced marriages.
The Kenyan #YoungWomenSay:
- We will articulate our issues better and identify appropriate media channels so that they can work with us to amplify our voices on the issues we are working on.
- We vow to be each other’s keeper and support system, identifying that these issues will be solved faster if we push for a collective effort.
- We commit to understanding all the available protocols and policy instruments nationally, regionally, globally and understand how each can help to better the outcomes of our works.
- We commit to each implement our three individual strategies which have formulated from the training according to what appeals to our work.
- We collectively commit to amplify our voices through proper utilization of social media as a readily available and revolutionary platform.
- We commit to be more vocal on all matters touching on sexual & reproductive health rights, SRHR and violence against women
- We promise to be safe spaces ourselves because often we allow our personal views to overtake the feminist approach of dealing with all issues around SRHR and Gender Equality.
- We reiterate our feminist values and promise that we will work hard to embody, nurture and mentor feminist leadership when working with other adolescent girls and young women
- We recognize that the issues we work on as pertains to SRHR embody the patriarchal manifestations and attacks on our bodies, sexuality and as tools of control t undermine our individual and collective agency